Is this BCM Chick a Roo? PICTURES!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kelseygirl707, Mar 7, 2011.

1. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Hey Guys, I know it's early to be sexing, but one of my BCM chicks is Much larger, feathering faster, has tree trunk legs, and it's comb is growing much faster. Do you think it's a Roo? The two bigger are 15 days old, and the small one is 12 days old. What do you think? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Songster

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Yes that looks like a roo to me. Its early to really tell yet though. Is that a lot of red/brown coming in on his wings or is it a heat lamp shinning on his feathers?
    Its cute!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Cockerel indeed. Looks like he'll be quite "mossy" too. (the extra brown)

4. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:Yah, I didn't get to see the parent stock, so wasn't sure what I would get, but this is the one chick out of the three I didn't think would be mossy, the other two had much more red baby fuzz.

5. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Songster

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    My sister gave me a very mossy hen. She's purdy to me and I love those dark chocolate eggs! I named her miss Kate! [​IMG]

6. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:LOL, How cute! I'm happy with them, I'm not looking to breed, just want some dark eggs to add to my basket, so I am happy [​IMG] Hopefully the other two turn out to be hens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: