Is this blue or silver?

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
My Muscovy girl hatched out Runner eggs for me but one died during a rainstorm so I have this one growing up. It is from my Blue Runner girl with my black Runner drake. My blue Runner girl is very blue and has a few spots on her.
So watching this one mature I am thinking blue but was not sure what silver actually looked like. Wouldn't silver be more of a white color?

And I am thinking I am hearing quacking now instead of peeping but I am hoping for a girl so it could be me! Not me quacking but rather me thinking I am hearing quacking. Just wanted to clear that up in case you all thought I was spending way too much time in the pool with the ducks!
lol.png

9332_baby_blu_6-11.jpg

9332_bby_blu_6-11.jpg

9332_6-11_baby_blu.jpg

I dont know what colour she is...there are all shades of blues going into silver. I dont know about anyone else but to me the silver is more pale with a grey beak like the duck behind the brown. I have 7 babies just 3 very pale yellow with a hint of silver with grey beaks and 4 are yellow with a hint of creamy brown with a mixture of gery and orange beaks so Im wondering if she will turn out like the last 1 in my photo. What ever colours they are Ilove them both and Im glad my ducks are kicking them out. I would vote for your duck to be a silver and I have a feeling mine might turn out a silver shade like yours or lighter but not so white. We will find out in 4 weeks or so.
Your duck is very pretty what ever colour she is.
newducks002.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I am always confused by the color of ducks. I guess I don't study it enough.
I thought perhaps silver may be more like the duck in your photo on the far left. But what do I know?
hu.gif

It just seems that at one time someone showed me a duck and told me it was silver and I saw blue and another time someone showed me silver and I saw white.

Does silver come from breeding blue to blue if not blue to black? Again, I should study up on all this color stuff.
th.gif

Quote:
I am always confused by the color of ducks. I guess I don't study it enough.
I thought perhaps silver may be more like the duck in your photo on the far left. But what do I know?
hu.gif

It just seems that at one time someone showed me a duck and told me it was silver and I saw blue and another time someone showed me silver and I saw white.

Does silver come from breeding blue to blue if not blue to black? Again, I should study up on all this color stuff.
th.gif

from how i understand it, blue ducks have 1 dose of blue and silvers have 2 doses. so from black x blue there is only 1 dose available, and blue x blue has 2 doses available. i could be completely wrong though
hu.gif

When I sent a pic of Blue to Metzer Farms, they said she was silver

P1020721.jpg

P1020695.jpg

as a little thing
IMG_1211.jpg

getting to that weird tween stage
IMG_2047.jpg

still with wingletts
IMG_2192.jpg

ducklet
IMG_2550.jpg

I'd say you have a blue ducklet

Last edited:
She's blue. You cannot get silver from a cross between black and blue. Silver is like the photos from TLWR (very pretty duck BTW..... I love the black bill with the silver coloring).

Back
Top Bottom