Is This Brilliant?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Booswalia, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Booswalia

Booswalia Chillin' With My Peeps

Yesterday I found a 6 foot 4x4 post that was left from an old deck and I thought, "Hey, that would nicely brace up the strapping in my run, so I dug a little hole and fit it in just nice.

Then it occurred to me that another one would be even nicer, but I didn't want to buy one so I cut down a spruce tree that was just the right size, limbed it, (all but a few branches left for perching), and braced another piece of strapping with it. Easy peasy. [​IMG] I left a few limbs at the top distribute some of the load.

Now I can put a tarp over the whole thing in the winter and not have to worry about the chicken wire not holding. Plus as it breaks down there will be lots of little bugs and critters for the hens to munch on.

[​IMG]

2. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    Neat! I bet your birds will like that a lot more than an ordinary corner post!

3. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    wow, that just gave me an idea!!!! very nice, and thanks for sharing.

4. Booswalia

Booswalia Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I think you better share your idea 2txmedics. I might want to use it too. [​IMG]

5. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    [​IMG]

6. chaoschicken

chaoschicken Cackleberry Crazy

Jun 23, 2009
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by