Is this Buff a rooster?

tnchickymomma

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 7, 2014
Philadelphia, TN
Is the first picture a rooster? We have 3 Buff Orpingtons. We ordered all girls but so far 3 of our 15 have turned out to be roosters. 2 of the 3 Buffs look like the second picture. And then there is the other. I am hoping she is just bigger, and developing faster. But after 3 roosters so far, I am paranoid. They are all 3 months old.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Is the first picture a rooster? We have 3 Buff Orpingtons. We ordered all girls but so far 3 of our 15 have turned out to be roosters. 2 of the 3 Buffs look like the second picture. And then there is the other. I am hoping she is just bigger, and developing faster. But after 3 roosters so far, I am paranoid. They are all 3 months old.
[/URL]

Agree it's a rooster. You need to contact MPC and have them either refund or credit you on those boys. That's way more than normal hatchery mis-sexing.

We ordered from My Pet Chicken, 15 girls. So far including this BO we have 4 roosters!

I've never ordered any chicks from My Pet Chicken so I don't know what their policy is on sex guarantee. I know they will ship as few as three (most hatcheries require 15 minimum, some 25), so maybe they don't have the same type guarantee as those other hatcheries. You can contact the company and find out.

Every chicken on here in question is a boy. Girls will have that nice peach or orange colored nearly non existent comb until they are about to lay..unless it is is a super large combed breed...then it will have an obvious orange or peach colored comb...but it won't be red until they are getting close to giving you eggs

Back
Top Bottom