• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaeden0720

Chirping
May 2, 2020
Hey, I need some help but for you to understand I need to tell you the whole story of how I got to this point...

Around a month ago, I went to go feed my ducks in the morning and when I went to open up their coop to let them out I noticed the Holly (the duck with the foot injury) was bleeding. Then I realized the her right foots webbing was completely gone and her toes were bleeding. This is what I think happened. I believe that insects got to her foot at night. Since ducks can't feel their webbing between their foot, she didn't realize that her webbing was being taken away from her.

I disinfected her foot, put triple antibiotic cream on her foot and bandaged it everyday.

After around 3 weeks the middle toe was the only issue left.

Now, the wound is completely closed but there is now a dark brown skin formed around the front and bottom of the toe. I'm worried that it is bumble foot. Or is it an infection or a healthy scab? Please help, I am new to raising ducks and I don't know if this is bumble foot. I've Googled bumble foot and they seem more scab like. The dark brown, just looks like skin on the toe, but the only concern is that it is dark brown and not what a normal toe color looks like.

Note that there is some sand on her foot because she was swimming in the lake.

Holly Duck Toe Picture 2.jpg Holly Duck Toe Picture 1.jpg 20200716_122641.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a healthy scab to me. That’s insane though, all her webbing got taken off? Her feet look like chicken feet now!

Yeah, it does look like a chicken foot now. But she can still swim around in the lake though. Just not as fast anymore. Thank you for your help.

Do you think it will fall off or stay that way?

Back
Top Bottom