Is this bumblefoot?

rachd1987

Chirping
Jan 27, 2016
Noticed my girl Lily limping today, checked her leg for obvious injuries, it all feels ok and not hot to touch, but found this on the underside of her foot, does it look like bumblefoot? She's only just started today so think it could be the early stages of it?

Noticed my girl Lily limping today, checked her leg for obvious injuries, it all feels ok and not hot to touch, but found this on the underside of her foot, does it look like bumblefoot? She's only just started today so think it could be the early stages of it?

It could def turn into bumble so start soaking in Epsom salt water solution half cup to half gallon warm water and using clear iodine on it ES soaks daily clear iodine every 3 days should heal up pretty quick [don't let her drink the ES solution is also used as a laxative.

Last edited:
Thanks @Miss Lydia , she was quite a good girl and stood still for me in the sink before, so hopefully she'll be well behaved throughout the treatment! I've read up about bumblefoot, is it necessary to wrap her food as others have suggested, or is this more for after the pus has come out and / if there is an open wound?

ES soaks daily clear iodine every 3 days

I'm in the UK and really struggling to get my hands on clear iodine, I can order white iodine (same thing?) online, but I called every chemist within about 10 miles and no-where stocks it. Is there a reason it specifically has to be clear? I've soaked it in Epsom Salts and sprayed a bit of colloidal silver on it for now until the iodine arrives

Thanks @Miss Lydia , she was quite a good girl and stood still for me in the sink before, so hopefully she'll be well behaved throughout the treatment! I've read up about bumblefoot, is it necessary to wrap her food as others have suggested, or is this more for after the pus has come out and / if there is an open wound?
after you get the scab off if one is there and their might not be one since your catching it so quick you don't want her walking in all kinds of bacteria with an open place on her foot.

I'm in the UK and really struggling to get my hands on clear iodine, I can order white iodine (same thing?) online, but I called every chemist within about 10 miles and no-where stocks it. Is there a reason it specifically has to be clear? I've soaked it in Epsom Salts and sprayed a bit of colloidal silver on it for now until the iodine arrives
White is probably the same as clear. Clear has ammonia in it which helps bring the bumble to the surface quicker. I have tried reg and clear and clear works alot better.
Colloidal silver is good to use too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom