Is this bumblefoot?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by badhabitz98, Apr 16, 2017.

1. badhabitz98

badhabitz98 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2013
    I posted a question last week about my Pekin duck having issues walking. I've had her confined, upped her niacin, checked her all over several times and couldn't find anything. I just came back from out of town, gave her swim therapy then soaked her in Epsom salt and put her back in confinement. Her sisters are out free ranging and she threw a fit to be out with them so I gave in to keep her from hurting herself more. I took the time to check her over again and noticed she has a spot on her foot now. Is this bumble foot? I will research later but I don't have a good signal to search and read through on how to treat it. If you can throw some suggestions up, I would appreciate it. I'll read more about it tonight when I'm back in range. Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. badhabitz98

badhabitz98 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2013
    After researching a little, I ordered tricide neo and clear iodine. I already have some vet wrap. Should I soak in Epsom salt, soak in tricide neo for 7 minutes and then wrap and wait for a few days or should she be soaked daily? Should I use the iodine as well or no? I have veterycin so I am going to soak in Epsom salt tonight and then spray with that and wrap. I'll keep doing that until the tricide neo comes in. But once it comes in, I'm trying to figure out exactly how it's done. I'm also not sure if this is bumble or if it's just a callus that she's messed up since she hasn't been walking well. It's on the side of her pad. Almost under it. In the pic you can see well, I was rolling her pad so it was more visible.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  3. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    It does look like bumble foot. Sometimes it's very obvious, sometimes not

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by