Is this Bumblefoot?

tennilleromaniuk

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2018
Alberta, Canada
So I posted a week ago about my hen limping, so people were saying Bumblefoot, I have soaked her twice now and I have no clue what I’m looking at. Nothing comes off, I don’t see a black scab when it’s cleaned.

Is this bumblefoot?

Attachments

• 6A2D6450-57C4-4EA4-9BF7-00FE41DC3D04.jpeg
    6A2D6450-57C4-4EA4-9BF7-00FE41DC3D04.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 28
Ok. If she's still limping, it's possible she might've sprained or pulled a ligament or tendon due to hopping down from a high roost, or other elevated object.
You can lower roosts to prevent this from happening.
You may want to place her in a cage with feed and water for a period of time to let her leg heal. You dont want her walking or running around causing further injury.
You can add vitamin B complex to her feed to eat, just crush a few tablets into powder and sprinkle it on her feed. The vitamin B complex may help speed up recovery.
After 5 days, remove her from the cage and see if she's walking normal. If not, recage her and continue the vitamin B complex in feed for 1 week. Then remove her from the cage and see if there's improvement.
Leg injuries take time to heal. It can take a week or several months depending on the severity of the injury and how well she accepts confinement in a cage. They usually get used to it in a couple of days, a few treats help.

Back
Top Bottom