NubbyRyuu

Songster
Jan 26, 2019
Last night, I went into the barn to put my chickens in their coop, and I found one of my 7mo hens acting out of the ordinary, lying there in the middle of the stall (it was a horse barn). I picked her up and thought maybe the weather got to her as she just let me hold her (something she's not fond of), and then I found this:

20210527_213312.jpg

20210527_213317.jpg

A little backround, Autumn (the hen in question) has had a folded over toe since she was a baby. No idea how it happened or why, but she never acted any differently and carried on with life. I've checked on it every now and then, and it's been healthy. But now, I'm not so sure what's up.

I took her in the house and gave her a couple drops of meloxicam that I still had from my 2mo chick. After I put the others to bed and returned with her brother (wry neck inflicated, and moves around in the coop too much for the others to handle), she had snapped back to life and was eating and drinking. She didn't appear to be limping, which would've been a strong indication.

So what do you guys think? Does she have bumblefoot or is the toe becoming a problem?

Back
Top Bottom