Is this chick a rooster?

Pics

8shotsmorethots

Chirping
Apr 4, 2022
Hello guys. I was wondering if anybody could give me any insight on my chick. This is Robin. I got them a little over a week ago at TSC. They were sexed as female. However, this little bird has a very dominant personality (with the other birds, very friendly to humans). They even boss around one of the other chicks that's a week older and much bigger. They also have a noticeably large comb compared to the rest of the the birds who don't really have much showing at all. This has me suspicious that Robin is a little rooster instead of a hen. Is there any trick for knowing for certain? Their breed is White Leghorn (my 5 other birds are all different breeds so I can't really compare them to one another).

Attachments

• robin1.jpg
    robin1.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 25
  • robin2.jpg
    robin2.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 8
  • robin3.jpg
    robin3.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 10
Considering how much comb you have there while still being a puff ball, I'm thinking you got a little boy there.

Considering how much comb you have there while still being a puff ball, I'm thinking you got a little boy there.
I'm really worried that's the case. I live in a residential area and can't have a rooster crowing. I love the little bird, they're the only one that will come up and hop on me and roost on my hand. I'd hate to have to get rid of the little bird!

I have 2 Leghorns who are about a month old. Even the girls have huge combs, so it's really hard to tell at first. You'll know for sure in a couple if weeks.

Here's Saffron (a pullet):
16498852009356709273489644864912.jpg

Here's Cayenne (marked as a pullet but CLEARLY a cockerel):
16482598353412744342632172350942.jpg

Back
Top Bottom