Is this chicks crop abnormally large?

MaLoTu

Chirping
Mar 28, 2015
I got 4 new chicks today (some of you may already know). One of the chicks (splash maran) is very calm and quiet. I am glad for this if it is her normal demenor, but I feel like like she might not feel well. I am attaching a couple pictures. Does her crop look swollen? I think that is the proper terminology for that area of the upper chest? It does feel like it could be full, but not sure.

She looks fine to me, but we could use some better pictures. Is her crop larger than the others'? Is it compact and hard? Take away their food before you go to bed and check in on her in the morning and see if it seems empty, if so she's completely fine.

I cannot tell if it is any larger or harder than the others right now. I will take away the food and see what it looks like in the morning. Thanks. I will try to get better pictures tomorrow if it doesn't seem better.

She looked normal this morning.

Maybe she is just a really mellow bird? She was cuddling with my son and we just got her that morning:/ seems more like a wellness issue to me, but maybe I am wrong. Otherwise she seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom