Is this Coccidiosis or lining in my 2 week old chick?

smcmillan1

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2018
Celina, Tx
poo.jpg

I noticed this in their brooder last night and one of my chicks wasn't acting normal so I started corid in their water last night. I saw her poop again so I knew for sure it was her and it was gooey which made me question it. thoughts?

How is your little one doing?

Seeing poop like that more than once, I would have started Corid too. Corid is mild and won't hurt them. I would treat all the chicks in the brooder.

Just in case you need the proper dosage for Corid here it is:
1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder per gallon of water or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

Keep us posted.

Everyone is doing good, just trying to get her to eat/drink. She may eat/drink when i'm not there but i can't get her to when i'm around. Everyone elses poop looks great though. She is much smaller than the others and just wants to cuddle her sisters but they want to play. taking it day by day

Any suggestions to get her to eat/drink? I spend time when I get home with them and make her drink as much as I can but she wants nothing to do with food. I watch her try and poop but she has nothing to poop.

I would just make sure that she is drinking the Corid water. Fluids are most important, and she may have some abdominal pain. You can try wet chicken feed made thin, and add a tsp of plain yogurt, and a bit of chopped egg to it. She should eat when she is feeling better. I agree with your Corid treatment--that looks like frank blood, not intestinal shed.

Well the little one didn't make it. i found her last thursday morning :(

All the others are doing pretty good right now, I'm still continuing with the corid for another week. There is only one other that concerns me at times but I see her eating and drinking so I'm not too worried, she may just be an independent woman

Well the little one didn't make it. i found her last thursday morning :(

All the others are doing pretty good right now, I'm still continuing with the corid for another week. There is only one other that concerns me at times but I see her eating and drinking so I'm not too worried, she may just be an independent woman

I'm sorry to hear about your loss:hugs

I hope the rest continue to do well, please keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom