Is this Coccidiosis?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GeoGoom, Sep 2, 2016.

1. GeoGoom

GeoGoom New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    This is my first time raising chickens, and I noticed this when checking their coop this morning. I've read it's normal for them to shed their intestinal lining, but I can't easily tell the difference between that and signs of coccidiosis. They are all just over eighteen weeks old, 5 barred rock hens and a Jersey giant rooster. If this is coccidiosis, can I put Corid in the waterer they all drink from, even if they're not all affected? I have no easy way to separate them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WiddleChix

WiddleChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2016
    California
    Definitely coccidiosis. Treat all of your birds. The dosage is 2 tsp corid liquid 9.6% per gallon of water, make sure this is the ONLY source of water and make a new batch each day.

1 person likes this.
  3. GeoGoom

GeoGoom New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    Will do; thanks for the input!

4. WiddleChix

Jul 15, 2016
    California
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Shed intestinal lining will look like this coral color and is not liquidy. Your photo you can see that the blood is darker red than intestinal lining and is liquid like it splattered.

Cocci is very easily treated just make sure corid water is the only source of water.

5. WiddleChix

Jul 15, 2016
    California
    No problem! I attached photos of intestinal lining so you can see the difference

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by