Is this Coccidiosis?

3 chicks are lethargic 3 days old. Ones poop is shown. Others dont have this kind of poop. Is this cocci

This bulb is a normal light bulb of 60 watts. Should I remove it? Everyone here uses these bulbs with no problems. Yes this is starter feed. Yes these grains look big but they dont eat these ones. I remove the big ones they only eat the small ones. I heard corid will help them against cocci in Reddit. They also said this poop is surely cocci. I only wanted to know that

I will give them probiotics . But why are they lethargic and not eating
I would work on getting them hydrated. Give a little sugar water or if you have electrolytes that would be good.

Can you tell us the temperature in the room?

Sorry to hear that the hen died. She would be finding grit for the chicks too so they can process the feed. Since she's not there, then it's up to you to provide some grit. Do you have some course sand that you can put in their area for them to pick at? Not a lot, just a little will be fine.

At 3 days old, I wouldn't be concerned about Coccidiosis yet. The lethargy is concerning, but I would look at other things - too hot, not drinking and not being able to process the feed without grit. See if they improve when you check on these things and make any needed adjustments.

I would work on getting them hydrated. Give a little sugar water or if you have electrolytes that would be good.

Can you tell us the temperature in the room?

Sorry to hear that the hen died. She would be finding grit for the chicks too so they can process the feed. Since she's not there, then it's up to you to provide some grit. Do you have some course sand that you can put in their area for them to pick at? Not a lot, just a little will be fine.

At 3 days old, I wouldn't be concerned about Coccidiosis yet. The lethargy is concerning, but I would look at other things - too hot, not drinking and not being able to process the feed without grit. See if they improve when you check on these things and make any needed adjustments.
I am giving them sugar water. How do i find grit for them. Does this seem to have grit in it? I have always given them this and in previous batches the mother didn’t use to be outside the hen used to be in this closet so i dont know how she found grit here. They didn’t have ant problems in previous ones

Attachments

• 90467E7E-A877-4E7C-BCC1-1627A666E87C.jpeg
    90467E7E-A877-4E7C-BCC1-1627A666E87C.jpeg
    572.4 KB · Views: 6
The food is the problem. That does not look like the right food - they need chick starter. Probiotics in the water are a bad idea - electrolytes are fine but the probiotics are going to mess up their stomachs. Is there any way you can get them chick starter? This seems to me like the majority of the problem.

All my chicks are raised buy their mothers i never had to. I have this emergency brooder in a closet. I have a heat bulb and this is the the stuff i have always fed them. Only thing available for chicks locally. Ive never had a single chick having problems early on in their life for the last two years except For this time.

I am giving them sugar water. How do i find grit for them. Does this seem to have grit in it? I have always given them this and in previous batches the mother didn’t use to be outside the hen used to be in this closet so i dont know how she found grit here. They didn’t have ant problems in previous ones
It may have grit in it, I don't know - does the feed have a label on it? If so, it would say that grit is added - some feeds do.
OK so Mom never roamed outside with her chicks? You always raise them in that room. So, look at the temperature in the room - is it warm enough - too hot/cold?

Where are you located in the world?

I think I would probably take a day's worth of feed and soak it overnight, just to help make a mush. Take out the larger pieces of corn if possible. Do that for a few days.

It may have grit in it, I don't know - does the feed have a label on it? If so, it would say that grit is added - some feeds do.
OK so Mom never roamed outside with her chicks? You always raise them in that room. So, look at the temperature in the room - is it warm enough - too hot/cold?

Where are you located in the world?

I think I would probably take a day's worth of feed and soak it overnight, just to help make a mush. Take out the larger pieces of corn if possible. Do that for a few days.
Its warm. If tou put your hand in it’s comfortable. Some places are cooler others warmer. Will making a mush help them in digestion?

The food is the problem. That does not look like the right food - they need chick starter. Probiotics in the water are a bad idea - electrolytes are fine but the probiotics are going to mess up their stomachs. Is there any way you can get them chick starter? This seems to me like the majority of the problem.
This is chick starter it is for chicks only

This bulb is a normal light bulb of 60 watts. Should I remove it? Everyone here uses these bulbs with no problems. Yes this is starter feed. Yes these grains look big but they dont eat these ones. I remove the big ones they only eat the small ones. I heard corid will help them against cocci in Reddit. They also said this poop is surely cocci. I only wanted to know that
Do not get chicken advice off Reddit.... just come here, way too much misinformation out there.

Back
Top Bottom