Is this Coccidiosis?

wat_da_cluck

Chirping
Apr 18, 2020
SW Connecticut
57C56EBC-2FC0-4555-B52D-D73257016373.jpeg

Found in coop. 5 week old chicks that have just been moved outside. Not sure which one it is - so I split the group in half for the night and will try to figure out from there. Kinda crazy bc these guys have only been outside grazing the last 5-7 days and temps haven’t been above 73 so not exactly peak season for coccidia? Could it be something else?

Looks like it could be check for lazy chickens and separate them in quarantine clean up all bloody poop, and if the chickens show any more signs start a chick safe coccidiosis treatment

View attachment 2856844
Found in coop. 5 week old chicks that have just been moved outside. Not sure which one it is - so I split the group in half for the night and will try to figure out from there. Kinda crazy bc these guys have only been outside grazing the last 5-7 days and temps haven’t been above 73 so not exactly peak season for coccidia? Could it be something else?
Looks like intestinal shedding, but if you've moved them outside recently, then it wouldn't hurt to treat for Coccidiosis.
I wouldn't split the chicks up. Treat them all.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Back
Top Bottom