Is This Cockerel an Americauna or an Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hililyhilo, Jan 20, 2014.

1. hililyhilo

hililyhilo Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2012
    SF Bay Area, California
    I'm thinking of buying this cockerel that's advertisted on CL as an Americauna, but I wonder if he's actually an Easter Egger? My knowledge of Americaunas are limited, but I don't recognize the coloring. Plus, his beard and muffs don't look very big.

Thanks for any light you can shed!

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    There isn't a picture

3. hililyhilo

Oct 17, 2012
    SF Bay Area, California
  4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thats okay. He is an easter egger

5. hililyhilo

Oct 17, 2012
    SF Bay Area, California
    Ah, okay. Thank you. Would you please let me know how you were able to tell?

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    There are 8 accepted colors of ameraucanas and he is not one of them. If you want to learn more about the breed or obtain acutal ameraucanas got the Ameraucanas Breeder website www.ameraucana.org

7. hililyhilo

Oct 17, 2012
    SF Bay Area, California
    Funny you mentioned that because I was just there and that's where I looked up his coloring. I didn't see it on the listing at http://ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html, but it says on the page "
    Please visit our club forum for more pictures and pictures of varieties currently in development." so I thought perhaps he could be one of the "varieties currently in development."​

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    no it isnt a color project either. Go to the ameraucana thread ir easter egger thread and ask. They will also tell you that it is indeed an easter egger.

9. hililyhilo

Oct 17, 2012
    SF Bay Area, California
    Ah, no, I believe you. [​IMG] What I meant was that coincidentally I was just at the Americauna site prior to asking my question, and I asked my question because I didn't know if the rooster was some other "variety in development." But you had answered my question. Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by