Is this CraigsList ad legit? Top Hatch for $40

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BlazeJester, Dec 8, 2011.

1. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Ok... some of this is for the newer-than-a-wet-chick's-behind hobbyist, but is this a legitimate price for what may have been a wholesale purchase of Top Hatch incubators? I'm actually confused as to whether this ad is for hatching your eggs for you, renting an incubator or purchasing. I would love to buy an incubator for $40 but I also don't have $40 to scrap on being cheated on CL.

Shipping Available $25.00

Great Hatch INCUBATORS

I Will Hatch your Eggs up to 50 EGGS at a Time (Chicken, Quail & Ducks ONLY)

5 left $40.00 each

Holds 18 large Chicken Eggs 30 Bantam Eggs 50 Quail Eggs

I don't use a regular light bulb

8X10 window to see your chicks Hatch

This will be brand new Incubators

I will give you detailed instructions from day 1- 21 and how to set up a Excellant Brooder so your chicks will survive all year round and what feed to use.

Humidty and Temperture are set

You don't have to worry bout the thermostat sticking and burning up your chicks

I will tell you how you can tell your eggs are fertile before they even go in.​

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Thats a confusing ad. One part looks like they are selling incubators the other looks like they are hatching eggs for you. I'd email them and ask them to clarify. Maybe they are making homemade incubators and thats why they are selling them cheap.

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    It kind of sounds like they are offering both to me. The service to hatch for you or your own incubator to purchase but I agree with writing and asking for a clarification [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BamaSilkies

BamaSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
    Quote:
    I have seen the ad. Its in GA right? Its for an incubator that will hatch up to 50 eggs and yes its for real. I plan to get some chicks from him this spring.

5. BamaSilkies

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
    Im not sure why he doesnt post pic of them though.

6. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I'd like to know how they can tell your eggs are fertile before they go in. Breaking them and looking is the only way I know of, and then you are out an egg.

Plus, if he is making them, you can make your own for less than $40. I've done it.

7. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I read the ad again and I think it was a typo. I think they meant it will hatch not I will hatch. As far as telling you how to tell if the eggs are fertile he will probably tell about cracking the egg to look for the bullseye.

8. BamaSilkies

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
    Im not sure about that. He's older guy been raising chickens for long time so maybe he believes he can tell. When I go get my chicks Im gonna ask though and I will let you know what he has to say;>

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by