Is this deal too good to be true?!?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by secuono, Oct 10, 2010.

1. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Found this online, includes shipping, it say's. Has a turner & moves air, I always find these for about +180-200+, but with out the shipping, that adds $25-35.

So, is this real? I want one, anyone else?
    http://www.welphatchery.com/otr prdcts/incubator.asp

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it is true. It may not be the same model number you have been pricing is all.

3. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

That looks like a Hovabator 1583 which does not have a pre set thermostat. I went with a 1588 which does have a pre set thermostat and was really easy to use.

I got mine from Cutler supply and it was about $178. including auto turner and shipping.

4. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi I am looking for another incubator as well and saw this post. Secuono- on the site it lists the incubator and then says w/ and a number. Does that mean you get both for that price? Or is it just saying that's the shipping if you bought 2 incubators? I'm confused.

5. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    @ Gothchick the w/ number is most likely the egg turner for Hovabator 1611 or the 1610 for quail eggs. Hope this helps!

6. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    So, it's a good one? It has to be better than the others I hear about or can find in stores that people say nasty things about all the time.

7. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    The one in the pic does not have the auto turner in it???

8. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

If you want to get a foam type incubator, the Genesis 1588 hovobator with the pre-set thermostat is much better than the "wafer" type. Mine holds very consistant temp.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by