Is this egg dead?

bangarain

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2015
Vermont
It’s day 22 and this egg has been silent, with no movement, so I candled it to see what’s up. My 2 other babies hatched three days ago, and are perky, healthy babies, so I’m thankful for that! I was hoping this one was just a late bloomer, but I have a bad feeling. :hmm

It’s day 22 and this egg has been silent, with no movement, so I candled it to see what’s up. My 2 other babies hatched three days ago, and are perky, healthy babies, so I’m thankful for that! I was hoping this one was just a late bloomer, but I have a bad feeling. :hmm

Unfortunately, you're right.
You can open it up just to be sure though. Make a hole in the air cell area until you can tell.
If you don't want to do that, you can just toss it, it definitely looks like a quitter to me. Sometimes they're just not strong enough to hatch for whatever reason. Congrats on your other two babies though!!!

Unfortunately, you're right.
You can open it up just to be sure though. Make a hole in the air cell area until you can tell.
If you don't want to do that, you can just toss it, it definitely looks like a quitter to me. Sometimes they're just not strong enough to hatch for whatever reason. Congrats on your other two babies though!!!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I’m a bit heartbroken - it’s worse when it’s this far along - but I’m absolutely in love with my other two. I’m also ordering one more round of eggs this season, (next week, actually!) so hopefully I have luck with those. Thanks again!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I’m a bit heartbroken - it’s worse when it’s this far along - but I’m absolutely in love with my other two. I’m also ordering one more round of eggs this season, (next week, actually!) so hopefully I have luck with those. Thanks again!
I totally get it. It's sad to see a perfect, fully formed baby just die like that.
Having healthy little ones definitely helps though.
That's exciting! What breed? I hope you have a great hatch with them.
No problem, sorry I couldn't give you better news! Enjoy your two little ones and good luck with your next batch!

I totally get it. It's sad to see a perfect, fully formed baby just die like that.
Having healthy little ones definitely helps though.
That's exciting! What breed? I hope you have a great hatch with them.
No problem, sorry I couldn't give you better news! Enjoy your two little ones and good luck with your next batch!
They’re Ameraucanas! These are my two healthy babies, Cabbage and Kale. 🥰
B5D367BA-3FD9-45CB-9B15-1287026FF1AC.jpeg

12DDD0DA-1A83-4227-A95D-E8082ADEE10A.jpeg

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom