Is this egg rotten?? *Candling Update* Ducklings in air cell!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by princessmama, May 8, 2009.

1. princessmama

princessmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    I did not notice this dark spot this morning when I turned the eggs, but at noon it leaped out at me. Is it a rotten spot? (moscovy eggs, day 29)

[​IMG]

***Ok, so I candled my eggs just now. This one with the dark spot is def not an air pocket. Can't see anything actually except the regular air cell and the dark chick, can't tell if it's moving or not, but that seems common at this stage.

The crazy thing is three of the eggs I can see movement in the air cell. These are muscovy ducks and it is only day 29 to 30!! One of the three looks like the duckling is well into the air cell. The other two I could see shadowy movement in and out of the pocket. They are really large air pockets.

Do you think they are hatching already anyone? Will they be all right this early???? ***

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. Meloout831

Meloout831 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    looks like an air pocket...

3. princessmama

Apr 2, 2009
    But it wasn't there before and it doesn't look like the other air pockets. [​IMG]

I will candle it tonight and see what I can see.

4. Meloout831

Meloout831 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Try and see... let us know.

5. princessmama

Apr 2, 2009
    More info-- incubator with fan. Temp between 98.8 and 100.5
    Humidity between 45% and 65%--now this is with the bottom of the bator filled with water, and sponge and misting the eggs twice a day...

Turning five times a day until the last week when I have been sick and turning only three times a day.

12 eggs. Shipped. Started with 16, so doing good so far.

I hope...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by