Is this egg telling me something?

merlotmudpies

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 11, 2013
Southern CA
My "too old" RIR started laying recently (Yeah!!) and I sort of suspect this was her egg based on where I found it in the coop under her not al roosting spot. I saw sometimes laying at night on the roost happens once in a while. But I can't find anything about the weird two tones of the color on the egg. It's almost like a
water mark. Was it stuck or something? Or does this just happen?

My "too old" RIR started laying recently (Yeah!!) and I sort of suspect this was her egg based on where I found it in the coop under her not al roosting spot. I saw sometimes laying at night on the roost happens once in a while. But I can't find anything about the weird two tones of the color on the egg. It's almost like a water mark. Was it stuck or something? Or does this just happen?

I get color variations sometimes. I also have at least one hen that last a spotted egg about every two or three days.

That can happen once in a while...she might have been disturbed while the egg was in the 'spray booth' part of the egg cycle....and maybe more common in older or just beginning to lay girls.

Back
Top Bottom