Is this enough space??

Jenessa_09

Songster
May 1, 2021
Molalla, Oregon
Hi guys, this is our run and coop (do not mind Oreo being broody over there, eggs are supposed to hatch any day now!!) I was wondering if that is enough space because we have chicks and if Oreo is going to hatch more do wet need to extend it?? Also how much chickens can use 2 nesting boxes??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi guys, this is our run and coop (do not mind Oreo being broody over there, eggs are supposed to hatch any day now!!) I was wondering if that is enough space because we have chicks and if Oreo is going to hatch more do wet need to extend it?? Also how much chickens can use 2 nesting boxes??
6-12 chickens...they practically use the same one anyways..my answer may be on the higher range as I have had 12 hens using 3 nesting boxes at one time, but they don’t ever use the third one.

Your ventilation is bad. You got it but it looks likes its blowing in on the roosts.

I think they claim 2 boxes for something like 4 birds but yeah my 11 hens only use 2 boxes out of the 4 they have.

Your ventilation is bad. You got it but it looks likes its blowing in on the roosts.

I think they claim 2 boxes for something like 4 birds but yeah my 11 hens only use 2 boxes out of the 4 they have.
Yeah, that was one of the mistakes we had to hold off the chickens moving in because there was mold. Definitely an issue we have to fix. 😬

Yeah, that was one of the mistakes we had to hold off the chickens moving in because there was mold. Definitely an issue we have to fix. 😬
Yeah it all needs to be at least 12 inches above the tallest bird on the roost. Im guiltly mine is only 11 inches above my roo but its been working.

Back
Top Bottom