Is this Fertile??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hillschicks, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Hillschicks

Hillschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

I know this isnt the best picture in he world, but its the best of the 12 pics i took... Anyone think this is fertile by any chance??

2. ummm,I think it is! hard to tell though,I hear it looks like a tiny white bullseye,so...its promisingly looking fertile[​IMG]

3. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    Its such a hard thing to get a decent picture of... I hope it is

4. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    looks like it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  5. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    Thats what we are thinkin, but at day 7 candling of eggs that looked like that we had 0% development... Hope my roo just isnt infertile

6. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    IT looks fertile (probably) to me, too. Are you incubating or going under a broody?

7. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    Bator... Brinsea mini advance... Temp and egg turning seem to be working fine... Only thing i havent checked is humidity other than following directions for the bator... I dont see that being the issue tho on account they should develop 7 days worth reguardless the humidity... Reckon we will just keep trying and if our buff brahma roo cant get the job done, luckily our spring order has a welsummer roo in it... Really wanted a few chicks from the Duke and his favorite easter egger

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by