Is this FERTILIZED? POSSIBLE ROO PICTURES ADDED

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
I just cracked this EGG and found this bullseye! I've been told I've only got girls! I've been suspecting that they were wrong for quite some time now!
Does this confirm that I've a ROO amongst the bunch? I've 24 EE's...got 11 eggs yesterday! 26 weeks old the whole flock!
ep.gif

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z228/bgoodwin_2007/Playground_Alysons_Eggs025.jpg[/IMG]]

Last edited:
I have NO idea who he is...maybe it's the wild pheasant I've been chasing out of my yard!! LOL
I'm glad...I wanted a roo! I'll definitely keep a closer eye now...see if I can 'out' him!
gig.gif

Quote:
See the white dot within the white circle on the lower part of the yolk? That indicates the egg is fertile, and is referred to as the "bullseye". If it was not fertile, it would just be a white dot without a white circle.

cheeptrick, keep us posted, and once you figure out who the "culprit" is, post some pics of him and the rest of the flock so we can compare!

Well...today I sat in the coop with a black sharpie marker and when a HEN laid...I colored her toenail black. Figured the RED marker wouldn't be a good idea because I didn't want them to start pecking each other!
roll.png

I got 12 eggs today...and marked 12 birds. I'm still wondering myself who the sneaky devil is. I had a thought...12 hens and 12 roosters!
th.gif

If there are 12 roosters...I've got the nicest GENTLEMEN roosters EVER!

QUESTION?? Will a ROOSTER squat like hens do when you approach them around laying age?

Back
Top Bottom