Is this fertilized?!

akf93

Songster
Jun 22, 2022
NE Indiana
This is a Khaki Campbell duck egg. I didn’t *think* I had a drake but… 🤨
I do have a rooster and she’s his favorite girl but I didn’t think that was possible.

Is this fertilized or something else?

I’ve been in question of the sex of one of my ducks but the consensus here has said it’s a hen. Maybe not?

Attachments

• 88463140-0A5B-4ADB-BEB5-981E36F3FA95.jpeg
    88463140-0A5B-4ADB-BEB5-981E36F3FA95.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 29
I do have a rooster and she’s his favorite girl but I didn’t think that was possible.

I’ve been in question of the sex of one of my ducks but the consensus here has said it’s a hen. Maybe not?
It looks fertile to me…..

Here’s my thread on sexing my three ducks. Two I’m certain are hens. One, I’m not going to be sure unless it lays an egg. Also included is the link to a video of their voices. Since this thread, the one smaller hen has developed more brown feathers on her wings. The other duck’s feathers are darker but still no color to them otherwise. Feet are more orange. Bill is more green. I will get an updated picture of them when I can.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/khaki-campbell-sexing.1543361/#post-26056966

Are you asking about the two tiny red dots that you can see in the yolk?
If so, the answer is no. That does not mean that that egg is fertilized.

No, the red dots are not related to fertility.
I thought I was seeing the fertile bullseye spot on top, I guess it’s glare? 018C8245-10A7-4C51-B6B8-CCCFEA04FE11.jpeg
ignore my previous posts!

Back
Top Bottom