Is this food ok for my ducklings? And a question about Vi-Tal.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sparrow, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I have some ducklings around 6 weeks old, and another group that are just one week old. I also have 2 goslings that are 6 weeks old as well. I have been feeding everyone Nutrena Livestock feed, but I'm considering switching over to Kent HomeFresh Poultry. Does anyone else feed this to their ducklings? It shows a picture of a chicken, a duck, and ducklings on the front, but I'm not sure if this is indicative of the age range of poultry you can feed it to, or if it's just a lovely picture. lol

Also, I bought Vi-Tal to supplement my ducklings' and chicks' water, and I'm not sure how exactly to use it. The packet says it treats 128 gallons of water. I only use 1 gallon waterers. How should I measure out a dose for my waterers? How long should I give them vitamins for? And, if I'm supplementing with the vitamins, should I also supplement the food with brewer's yeast?

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Ok, after getting some sleep last night(2-something a.m. when I posted!) I re-read the Vi-Tal packet and noticed the small dose directions tucked under the flap. So that's under control now. [​IMG] I still need to know about the feed, though. Maybe I should re-post this in the feeding forum? Sometimes I think I post questions like this when I'm too tired for my own good. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by