is this going to help is this the right treat ment for my chicks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenmama109, Mar 23, 2018.

1. chickenmama109

chickenmama109 Crowing

Mar 5, 2017
    texas
    hi i have already had a chick die and know my other chicks are getting the same thing -mushy crop not wanting to eat and does not want to move - fiv poeple on here told me that its coccidiosis and told me to give them corid but instead i got electrolyte and probiotic will this help thanks

2. jonalisa

jonalisa Codswallop!

May 28, 2013
    NH
    My Coop
    Ok, hold on. Stop creating new threads everytime someone responds. Keep all your responses in the same thread or you will not get the help you need for your chick.

Personally, I'm not aware that a squishy crop = coccidiosis in chicks.
    Can you give more info so we have an idea of what is going on with your chick?
    How old are your chicks?
    How many chicks and what is your setup?
    What happened and in what order?
    What are they eating?
    Do they have grit?
    Have you checked their vents for blockage?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  3. AlleysChicks

AlleysChicks Enabler

Oct 10, 2016
    Southern Ohio
    Electrolytes and probiotics will not treat coccidia. Is there blood in the stool?

4. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    By making new threads, you are going to get people asking you the same questions over and over.

5. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    What Ive seen from your other posts, someone told you your chicks have cocci because 1 died and they both have squishy crops? That's not indicative of coccidosis. More like an impaction. Do you give grit?

AlleysChicks likes this.
  6. AlleysChicks

AlleysChicks Enabler

Oct 10, 2016
    Southern Ohio
    And what do you feed them? Other than chick crumbles.

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Crowing

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Overheating can also cause crop function to slow down. It could be a completely normal chick, that has just eaten and filled up the crop for the evening. Pictures are worth a thousand words. It will help narrow down any potential issues and help rule things out.

8. chickenmama109

chickenmama109 Crowing

Mar 5, 2017
    texas
    i dont give them anthing eles then chick feed they are a month old and they do get grit i have a three month old rooster in the brooder with them he is going to a new home in a day or two he cant go out side i already have a rooster and dont want them to fight in the brooder i have a heat lamp and 10 other chicks they have brown watery poop and im sorry ffor posting so much lol i get carred away on this site lol thanks for all of your help

9. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Have the chicks been outside or had any access to the ground/dirt/other chickens that have been outside?

thewolf1039 likes this.
  10. junebuggena

junebuggena Crowing

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Pictures? Month old chicks inside a house don't really need heat any longer. They should be feathered in enough to start adjusting to outside temps. Could be an overheating problem.

thewolf1039 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: