Is This Good?? Updated With Pic!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Sep 23, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i candled on egg i put in a 2 days before the others. which would have been on the 19th. it a white egg. i can see some veins in the yolk and a small black dot. should there be more growth? is that a good sign so far? im new at this stuff

heres the best pic i could get of it

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like it's right on track to me. The dot was probly the embryo, at that stage it's possible to see the heart beating. In a day or two the embryo will become more active.

3. stephanie1992

ok thank u, i didnt even think this egg was fertile to start with, the roo with the hen is still a cockrel and just started to crow a week ago, lol

4. Dingo

5. stephanie1992

i see alot of the non fertile eggs in pics r a green color and the good fetile ones r yellor red color, is that just how they mad the pics or is that really how they look

6. Dingo

good eggs usually glow a nice healthy pinkish or redish color. Infertile and DIS eggs can glow a dim yellow or green, if it's green I'd say be careful as it's probly starting to turn into a grenade. I have some quail eggs cooking now that glow green but I believe that to be the shell, they also appear to be duds though. If you've got tinted eggs you do have to take that into consideration as that will alter the color you see.
    These are finch eggs but it's basically the same [​IMG]
    You can see the fertile healthy eggs have at least a tint of pink, the infertile and DIS eggs are yellow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by