Is this guy for real?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justuschickens59, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    A friend of mine just sent me this link. Is this church/man for real? This is horrifying. Please tell me this is a joke.

Link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Did you see the ads?? I don't think this is real, just a marketing ploy. Sad isn't it?

3. justuschickens59

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    Yeah, I think you are right. I found this on Wikipedia

The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

Shew...what a relief.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Of course it's not a joke, there are folks like that everywhere especialy in Churches. I think you just have to be realistic and just take it for what's it's worth, good or bad and decide for yourself most folks are capable of figuring it out.

AL

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    SNORT.

I love that site. Hadn't been there lately...

6. justuschickens59

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    Oh I definitely agree that there are a lot of people like this out there, and especially in fundamentalist churches. I steer very clear of those kinds of people...actually, I steer clear of all churches too. LOL.

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Agreed !!!!!! Heck if you lived where I do his retoric would be considered mild. I live in the Bible belt LOL, Yeah I just stear clear and try to work hard to prevent my kid from getting caught up in it, full time job in this part of the country. Folks around here wear their religion on their sleeves like a cheap suit.

AL

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  8. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:Way to generalize. As a Christian, I find your slur beyond offensive. I defy you to find people "like that" everywhere. Salem Mass, like slaveholding in the South, is a part of our history, not of our present.

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Come to north Ga an AL. We have the snake handlers. [​IMG]

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Just trying to be realistic, not wanting to start anything. I know this religion topic is sensitive, but this guy is a clergyman and yes there are many church leaders who feel and preach as he does. All I am saying is responsible people can judge for themselfs.

AL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by