Is this guy/girl a Blue? Silkie

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ByeByeBlackBird, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ByeByeBlackBird

ByeByeBlackBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Falls Village CT
    Hey, curious if this is the color "Blue" or something else, im still learning the colors/terms for different genetics for colors ( Like splits) this is one i hatched myself. Im hoping THIS one is a Roo. ( its okay if its a hen too, but ill have to buy a different roo, if thats the case)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    it is blue, and it could be a rooster but it hard too tell he should be crowing soon if he is lol

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Dark Blue.
    Pretty Girl! [​IMG]

4. ByeByeBlackBird

ByeByeBlackBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Falls Village CT
    Quote:[​IMG] No crowing that ive heard, I forget how old these guys are now. couple months or so at least. Thanks for the fast replies guys! <3!

Quote:Ohhhh this is the ONE i hope is a boy! but regardless, he/she is my favorite of the three i hatched ( color wise ) [​IMG] The I want ONE of them to be a roo ( two blacks and this blue!) so that i can breed back and maybe have a chance at lavenders if they all carry the genes. ( their parents were supposed to carry the lav gene, but these guys may, or may not carry it, being a recessive) Crossing my fingers kinda hard on that one! lavs are so pretty!

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Blue, too young to tell gender.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by