is this guy really worth 100 dollars?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by agnes_day, Aug 5, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  2. HenPen

HenPen Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I agree with you....

3. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Uh...? That sounds crazy to me, but I don't show my birds. ??? [​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That bird isn't, but at the Tulsa State Fair you will be able to see some that are.

5. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i mean...hes ok i guess..maybe i am missing something. for whatever reason there are a lot of ads on craigslist for roosters in which they want at least 60 or more dollars and hes not all that great.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Someone who breeds australorps needs to evaluate. Quality stock of any breed can be expensive. It would have been nice to see a "before" photo as well as one from after the raccoon attack.

IMO, craigslist is not a good place for selling quality stock.

7. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:how do you show birds at the fair? not that i have any anymore but maybe someday when the plague leaves my yard!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Almost looks like a chocolate orp?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    We're lucky in that the Tulsa State Fair is a sanctioned APA/ABA show. The judges judge according to the standard. Preparation begins months in advance, but a week or so before the show, I wash the birds I'm going to take, looking for any issues with their health, etc.

For the show, you load up your birds and go. I mean, you have to enter before the end of August and send in the healthwork for your birds before you get there, but other than that, just pack up your supplies and head.

Get there, take out your birds and put them in the cages that are designated for your birds. Get them prepped for the next day. I try to stay as late as possible to make sure no kids poke their fingers into the cages. The next day get there early and get your birds ready again. Don't feed except for a small amount to get the energy up.

10. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:I think he's just bleached out from the sun, but there's always a possibility.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: