Is this guy white eyed?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by SuperPeacockman, Jul 20, 2011.

1. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    This chick seems really light so I thought it might be white eyed. I also have a chick who seems really dark who I am at a loss for, because I have no spalding breeders (I will post pics of the dark one later). Sorry the pics are blurry, my cameras focus is broken.
    The light guy!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gobblerunfarms

gobblerunfarms Out Of The Brooder

I would like to know also. i have one that looks just like that and i dont know what it is because the eggs were gave to me via a good friend from someone he knows but neither one of them know either lol

3. Knix6468

Knix6468 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Gaston Oregon
    What a cutie congrats

4. SuperPeacockman

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Anyone?

5. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    It's really hard to tell when one is by themselves, because you can't judge the lighting of the camera. For instance, that could be lighter or darker than a normal chick, and we'd never know if it was because the chick was or because the camera lightened or darkened it. If you had a normal one beside it, the difference would be more clear and maybe yield an answer.

6. Exotics R Us

Exotics R Us Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2011
    Carolinas
    Any idea who the parents may have been? that could help out a little.

7. SuperPeacockman

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:None of my birds are white eyed as far as I know but one of the hens could be. I will get another picture.

8. SuperPeacockman

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Here are some more. The pied chick with him is about a week younger. Sorry the focus is being really annoying.
    [​IMG]
    You can really see the lighter color in these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  9. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    I know the pictures are the best. But I will do better this weekend. Does anyone have any idea about what the color of these peachicks may be? They are all 2 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    This ones wings are a really beautiful peachish color!
    [​IMG]
    I am thinking that these two are BS.......right?
    [​IMG]
    Last but not least is the one I think I was told a IB?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for all of yalls help

10. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I can't really say about the white eye chick- doesn't look that much lighter in the pics.

Kalik, I'll answer you but you should make your own topic when you want to change the subject so people don't get confused and derail the thread of another poster.

First one looks pied, second looks BS (the lighting is weird, try a white light instead of yellow for pictures of chicks you want identified), the third the lighting is weird, but it looks white- the feathers don't look tan in that photo. If you can get a photo in better lighting that would be best. And the last one looks IB.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by