Is this harmful?

MeredithW

Chirping
Feb 19, 2015
Minnesota
I have a duck egg that is 6 days into incubation, and today I candled it and noticed a circle around the embryo. There are plenty of veins, and the egg looks healthy, but It looks like the veins are making a circle around the embryo. The embryo is not dead, because I can see it moving around, but I don't know what that circle is. Help! I will try to get pics on here.

Here is a picture of a different egg . . . I couldn't get the real picture that I took on to the computer . . . so I took a picture of a different egg and I drew on it what my egg looks like lol!!

This is from Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks. Can you see any movement?

Sorry, just reread that you see movement. I'd give it a couple more days and check again. Not much you can really do. If its still moving, then maybe its just the way the blood vessels formed.
Good luck!

Sorry, just reread that you see movement. I'd give it a couple more days and check again. Not much you can really do. If its still moving, then maybe its just the way the blood vessels formed.
Good luck!
Thanks! Actually, just before I read your post, I figured out that it's not dangerous, and it's completely harmless! Thanks for your time and help!

Back
Top Bottom