Is this hen a jungle fowl? Poor quality pic sorry

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cwc362, Nov 6, 2008.

1. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    I was told this was a jungle fowl hen when i bought her at the flea market-- Sorry the picture is so poor-- And if she is, are they good broody hens and mothers --Thanks

[​IMG]

she's the one on the roost pole --the little red hen on the ground is one of my little bantie mixed pullets

2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I believe it is a old english game hen, not sure though. I have 4 but the picture is not to clear.

3. cwc362

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:Huh she may be- I got two gray/blue hens that he said were game hens. I don't really care because i just wanted some hens that will set good . I got a whole cage of chickens for 20 bucks and they were in it. I'm trying to build a subflock of setters--that's my plan anyways--Don't know what they got planned yet though!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]----Wayne

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  4. cwc362

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:Huh she may be- I got two gray/blue hens that he said were game hens. I don't really care because i just wanted some hens that will set good . I got a whole cage of chickens for 20 bucks and they were in it. I'm trying to build a subflock of setters--that's my plan anyways--Don't know what they got planned yet though!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]----Wayne

Sorry I forgot to say THANKS!!!

5. Take a look at my BYC link below. I have a few red jungle fowl hens in the picture. They do come in basically two color patterns. The one in the pic in one and the other is behind her.

6. cwc362

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:She's not the color of the hen in the foreground and i can't tell about the other hen.. Her color looks similar to the brown leghorn hen pics I have seen but her comb is really small but not a pea or rose comb. Her legs are a dark slate color.
    Those bird of yours look really great by the way---Thanks --Wayne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by