Is this lieing?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by DUCKGIRL89, Dec 20, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    So my sister was gonna get me a goose egg for my B-day, and a lady contacted me today and said she is sending me 6 free goose eggs in spring. And tecnically my mom wouldnt be very happy. So when all 6 come and she freaks out, could I just tell her that the lady sent extras? Would this be a lie? (Tecnically she IS sending extras) [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Does your Mom ever check out this site? [​IMG]

3. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    Depends on if you told your Mom you were getting one egg or not. If you said one egg, then yes it is lying. If you said goose eggs, then no it is not.

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I would go with the if she doesn't see it you don't have to answer questions option

then go with the blame someone else technique

then try begging and pleading and making promises you have no intention of fulfilling

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Sourland: nope, she doesnt even lnow my user.

clair: I said 1+... Is this still lieing [​IMG]

6. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    If you feel that it is lying in your heart, then I think you know the right answer.

7. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:[​IMG] I might make the # of eggs lower.... Like two. I would feel better then.

8. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Have you ever had experience with shipped eggs before ? Shipping can really damage eggs and I wouldn't have very high hopes of one or two eggs hatching. Even with 6 eggs, you will be lucky if you get at least one or two to hatch, so if that person is offering 6, then id go ahead and get 6. And I know parents are complicated but its easier to ask forgivness than permission, that's how it is here anyway.

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    It really comes down to your definition of lying. Everyone's opinion on the definition will be different however your's is the only one that really matters.

10. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I think the lady is sending extras not to be nice, but because the rate of being able to fully hatch all is very slim. Many will damage in transport and what not. So I think its a good idea she is sending extras! You could always raise them and sell the ones that you are unable to keep!

I would be honest with your mom 6 geese (not saying they will all hatch but you never know!) Is a big chance of having to many ganders and a lot of fighting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by