Is this little chick a boy or girl???

He's so cute!! I hope he's a good boy! :fl

As long as he is a good boy he can stay! Husband wants me to get rid of him now, before he decides to be mean to Harvey, but I won't! Harvey finished his molt and is strutting his stuff again! So far so good in my chicken world!

Harvey!.jpg

Did it ever start crowing? Were you able to confirm boy?
No, he is not crowing . . . yet. But he is for sure a boy. He's friendly to me, I pet his chest in the morning and at night white he's on the roost. Still on the lowest one. He's low in the pecking order, and actually doesn't intermingle with the other girls much at all. He stays off by himself most of the time on the outskirts of the chicken gatherings. He's not peep-peeping anymore, his voice is grown up now. I want him to get along without fighting Harvey so I can keep him. Thanks for asking. :)
little boy feb small.jpg

Even though we have known for a long time that he's a boy, this morning it became too real. I was walking out to open the run and coop doors and he stood right in front of me and crowed! I thought I heard him yesterday afternoon too, but when I went out and watched for awhile he didn't do it again. It's official now. He's a rooster and now I call him (can't call him little boy anymore!) "Fowler". (remember the movie chicken run?)
Fowler.jpg

Here's Fowler today. He's crowing and beginning to get closer to being part of the flock. I have seen Harvey chase him one time. That's a good sign to me. I caught him and Lucille cuddling on the lowest roosting bar when I unlocked the coop this morning. I've NEVER before seen him next to a hen, more good news I think. Maybe they will fall in love! :love
Fowler in March 2020.jpg

Fowler crowing march 2020.jpg

As long as he doesn't bother Harvey, he can stay. Crossing my fingers at this point! :fl

Back
Top Bottom