Is this love or jealousy?

HennyJenny

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Bennington, NE
The older my bourbon red gets the more jealous he appears to get. If I'm holding a hen that isn't one of his babies he gets upset and when I put her down, he chases her. (You can imagine the girls are starting to get a little leary of me). The other day my husband joined me in my daily poultry t.v. and Kramer came up and puffed himself up and strutted for us. This went on for a few minutes and then Mike got up and went in. Today I was standing by the pool talking to my husband and Kramer puff himself up dropped a wing and started drumming (this is the first time I've heard this). He continued for several minutes - when I walked away to sit in a lawn chair he followed me and continued his dancing and drumming for another 20 minutes walking in circles around my chair. Honestly - he made me a little nervous. Is he "courting" me and threatening my husband or is this threatening behavior towards both of us? If he's threatening my husband - could this behavior become more aggressive? Should I worry about him around my kids if he isn't doing this two them? Thanks for your help!
Jenny

Thats exactly how my Blue Slate toms act........right before they try to flog me. I'm waiting for a cooler day to........
droolin.gif

birdaholic - that's kind of what I was thinking. The fact that he was making me nervous was my first clue. As much as I like him - I won't be frightened of a bird in my yard.

Back
Top Bottom