Is this Mating Behavior?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)?, Aug 12, 2011.

1. a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)?

a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)? Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    My green cheek 'Jack' MAY be a little girl, rather than a little boy..

About 15 minutes ago he went up to my cousin, snuggled up in a cover infront of her, and made

soft cheep noises that I've never heard before, bobbing his head as my cousin rubbed his

back.. I'm wondering if I have a female, that basically just mated with my cousin?

haha thanks:)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    ♥HoneyBee♥ :

My green cheek 'Jack' MAY be a little girl, rather than a little boy..

About 15 minutes ago he went up to my cousin, snuggled up in a cover infront of her, and made

soft cheep noises that I've never heard before, bobbing his head as my cousin rubbed his

back.. I'm wondering if I have a female, that basically just mated with my cousin?

haha thanks:)

I do not have a lot of experience with this species, but in other conures-- yes, this is a 'lets have babies!' behavior. If your conure is a female, you will probably want to discourage this, because having elevated hormones for long periods can have adverse effects on your parrot.

Here is a really good read about the subject, please give it a read: http://rationalparrot.com/tease.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by