Is this my roo?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hsm5grls, Dec 11, 2007.

1. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    I think this is my roo[​IMG][​IMG]This is my bitty
    [​IMG]This is my first coop

2. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    It's hard to tell. Is it taller than your other girls? Is it a little more aggressive. Sure is pretty!

Wait, are you talking about the brown or white one?

I love your coop set up.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    How old are they?...If it's the brown laced one, I don't see saddle feathers but that depends on how old he/she is.....

4. hsm5grls

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    They are two months old. One of my partridge is supposed to be a boy. This one is the biggest but I still can't tell. I want to name them but it's hard when you can't tell who is who for sure.LOL

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry can't help you on if it is roo or not.........just wanted to tell you, that is a great and darling first coop. [​IMG]

6. hsm5grls

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    Thank you..We made it to look like a bird house that I have and because you can see it from the street it is sort of a yard ornament too. I think the next ones will be more functional than cute though. I am always banging my head in the run. LOL [​IMG]

7. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    It is hard to name them when you don't know if it's a he or a she. I bet you'll be able to tell within a month. We named our turkey Harriett, but it ended up being a Henry.

We had ordered all pullet chickens, but ended up with a surprise SLW roo. My daughter kept seperating him thinking it was a dominate hen picking on all the other girls. As time went on his comb was bigger and redder and he was taller....longer legged.

8. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    partridge roos have a completely different color pattern than partridge girls.
    Although the comb and wattles do seem to be more pronounced, based on the color I'd say it's a girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by