Is this normal chick poo?

smopey

Chirping
Aug 3, 2020
Hi,

New chick mom here. One of my week old chicks has diarrhea. She’s acting normal, eating and drinking and the others chicks have normal poop. I’m feeding them medicated starter feed. Is this something I should worry about or could this be from the vitamins and electrolytes in their water? I just switched them to plain water this morning.

F771FD86-7060-4043-9A88-EDEE8B9FF4A2.jpeg

No problem. Their poops might look a little different now and then. Especially as their diet expands. You should be concerned if it is consistently watery or has blood in it. The medicated starter feed should keep them safe while their guts get acquainted with your environment. Happy chicken keeping!
Thanks! Now I’ll go delete all the chicken poo pics out of my phone 😂

Hi,

New chick mom here. One of my week old chicks has diarrhea. She’s acting normal, eating and drinking and the others chicks have normal poop. I’m feeding them medicated starter feed. Is this something I should worry about or could this be from the vitamins and electrolytes in their water? I just switched them to plain water this morning.

View attachment 2698187
Yes.

Looks normal to me too. If the runnier poo persists, a little yogurt (probiotic) mixed with a bit of feed for the one doing this may bring it to a quick halt as Yogurt is "good bacteria" for their digestive tracts. In our birds, the little bit of Yogurt makes a return to a firmer stool almost instant...

Back
Top Bottom