Is this normal moult on WH?

allergymama

Songster
6 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Michigan
I know this is not the best pic, but they have been real boogers lately and won't let me get near them.

I spent an hour driving them around the way-too-deep-for-this-human-but-the-boogers-can-walk-on-top-snow-covered yard trying to show them the pool today (had to move it from it's normal spot because I refuse to carry buckets of warm water through 2 foot snow.) anyway, I digress...

On the males, around their eyes, the feathers are not green anymore, more brownish white. I have noticed feathers in the overnight pen. Is this normal moult for them or is there something wrong?

TIA!!

A few of my ducks including a couple drakes just finished molting too, strange to be doing this at this time of year when every feather counts. lol

A few of my ducks including a couple drakes just finished molting too, strange to be doing this at this time of year when every feather counts. lol

I found it odd too for this time of year, when I had went to let mine out the other morning it had looked like one of my white ducks had exploded over night

Back
Top Bottom