1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this normal???????? Please help ASAP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by northernprism75, Jun 2, 2016.

1. northernprism75

northernprism75 New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    HELP! I'm really worried about my chicks. They are 2 days old and i Just noticed today that they have lost a LOT of feathers on their wings. I've only done three hatches and this is the first time with black chicks- so it might be normal and I just never noticed before. But I can't find any pics online that are similar. Please advise ASAP as I'd planned on bringing them to visit a friends classroom tomorrow, but I don't want to do it if they are sick.
    Thanks
    Jill

M[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I'm not seeing any feather loss - I'm seeing the new feathers coming in. Everything looks normal to me :)

3. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    Looks normal to me also. Please be careful you do not stress the little ones out by taking them to a classroom to early. This could be away to expose them to unnecessary viruses. Kids always seem to have running noses.

4. northernprism75

northernprism75 New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    Really????? I couldn't find any pictures online where the wings looked like that. I was sure something was wrong!

5. gemma24

gemma24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2016
    CA
    they are fine!!

6. northernprism75

northernprism75 New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    THANKS to those who replied!!! It was such a relief to hear it was normal. I must not have noticed it with the other two hatches! Feel much better! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by