IS THIS NORMAL!

radar3321

Chirping
May 9, 2018
BRUNS, OHIO
So I picked up two one year (+/-) old hens from a friend and they have been doing pretty well in their a frame coop/ run. My only thing that i find very odd is every morning when i let down the ramp for them they both run out and poop. Maybe this is normal but what i find odd is the fact that there is not one drop of poop in the top coop part. They only seem to go in the run outside. I have even gone as far as sifting through bedding and nothing. Please do not get me wrong the eggs do not have to be cleaned and their coop smells completely fresh, i just puzzled at this. Thank you in advance for any ideas you have.

So I picked up two one year (+/-) old hens from a friend and they have been doing pretty well in their a frame coop/ run. My only thing that i find very odd is every morning when i let down the ramp for them they both run out and poop. Maybe this is normal but what i find odd is the fact that there is not one drop of poop in the top coop part. They only seem to go in the run outside. I have even gone as far as sifting through bedding and nothing. Please do not get me wrong the eggs do not have to be cleaned and their coop smells completely fresh, i just puzzled at this. Thank you in advance for any ideas you have.

You have Potty Trained Chickens?!? That's amazing! Lol! I don't think it is normal but fabulous... if only I had these concerns!

But seriously, I can see how this might be concerning considering they are holding it all night. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as they remain healthy.

If you could just write down and send to me EVERYTHING you did from the moment you got those chickens... You could be famous!

You have Potty Trained Chickens?!? That's amazing! Lol! I don't think it is normal but fabulous... if only I had these concerns!

But seriously, I can see how this might be concerning considering they are holding it all night. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as they remain healthy.

If you could just write down and send to me EVERYTHING you did from the moment you got those chickens... You could be famous!

I would love to know what happened but literally all i did was pick these two out of a flock he was getting rid of and brought them home. I did nothing.

Back
Top Bottom