Is this normal

Mandied

Songster
Jul 24, 2022
Vincennes, Indiana
My newer chicks are 6 weeks old and have started having wetter poop. It's sold for the most part but we cleaned the tote last night I went in this morning to check on them and the tote had alot poop in it. I cleaned it up before I got a picture. I took two alittle later. I don't want to mov
20221121_054811.jpg
20221121_054833.jpg
e them to the coop with our older 3 if they are sick. They eat and drink fine.

My newer chicks are 6 weeks old and have started having wetter poop. It's sold for the most part but we cleaned the tote last night I went in this morning to check on them and the tote had alot poop in it. I cleaned it up before I got a picture. I took two alittle later. I don't want to movView attachment 3329045View attachment 3329046e them to the coop with our older 3 if they are sick. They eat and drink fine.
Can you take some pictures closer to the poop?😊

View attachment 3329060

Yeah they eat and drink fine and they are moving around like nothing is wrong
When spotting poop that causes you to be concerned, observe behavior. Any chicken coming down sick is not going to be a ball of fire. You will notice a chicken holding back, being lethargic, droopy eyes, feathers fluffed and shoulders hunched. Then you may have an illness to deal with. And if they are acting normal then I won’t worry too much.
do they have access to grit?how hot is it where you are?
And tbh most of those poops looks normal to me,wetter poop sometimes can be a cecal poop,especially if it smell bad and is very brown😊

When spotting poop that causes you to be concerned, observe behavior. Any chicken coming down sick is not going to be a ball of fire. You will notice a chicken holding back, being lethargic, droopy eyes, feathers fluffed and shoulders hunched. Then you may have an illness to deal with. And if they are acting normal then I won’t worry too much.
do they have access to grit?how hot is it where you are?
And tbh most of those poops looks normal to me,wetter poop sometimes can be a cecal poop,especially if it smell bad and is very brown😊
No we don't have grit they are on starter feed. And it has been freezing or below the last couple days. But right now they are still inside.

No we don't have grit they are on starter feed. And it has been freezing or below the last couple days. But right now they are still inside.
Ok,just remember when you feed them any other feed than starter they need grit😊 I wish you the best of luck with the chicks,what breeds do you have?😊

Back
Top Bottom