Is this normal?

ellchr3

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2023
South Carolina
Hello all. First time chicken owner here looking for some advice. We have ten 9 day old white leghorn chicks and all seem to be healthy and content so far that we can tell. The only question I have is whether this (pictured) is normal? All the chicks look like this underneath. I know they'll lose their down and feathers will come in causing them to look scruffy for a bit, but wasn't sure about this.

Attachments

• chick.jpeg
    chick.jpeg
    582.6 KB · Views: 9
Hello all. First time chicken owner here looking for some advice. We have ten 9 day old white leghorn chicks and all seem to be healthy and content so far that we can tell. The only question I have is whether this (pictured) is normal? All the chicks look like this underneath. I know they'll lose their down and feathers will come in causing them to look scruffy for a bit, but wasn't sure about this.
Did they spill their water and get their bedding or shavings wet?
Mine tipped over their water bottle and flooded their entire brooder box!

Well, they're constantly in and out of the waterer. I'm going to elevate it some to try and prevent that. The waterer did also unfortunately leak last night because it was uneven, but this started happening before yesterday.
Can you get photos of the chicks standing by themselves?
Photos of your brooder setup?
Where did the chicks come from?

You mention they are constantly in and out of the waterer - how is your water station setup?

Back
Top Bottom