Is this Normal?

Rocky Top Chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 2, 2009
North Carolina
I have 14 one year old girls and 6, eight week old chicks. For the past couple of weeks we have been keeping the chicks isolated in the coop at night and then in the morning they all go outside to the run. The chicks also have a plastic netting up to isolate from older girls. (my DH even made a separate poop door for the babies). Anyway we decided to open the netting and let everyone run together and see what happened. No one gave a hoot ! Everyone ignored the babies and the babies just stayed out of the way of the big girls. I was thinking there would be all kinds of pecking and chasing, but no. Will it be okay to leave them all together. We did this a couple of times over the weekend and the same thing happened which was nothing.............Do I just have exceptional chickens
lol.png

Perfectly normal. We seperate our younger ones in a transition pen for a few days so that they all can get used to each other but still have wire between them for protection. They all get used to each other and once they go out together there is no problems. Works every time.

Back
Top Bottom