Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by WickeeChickee, Mar 21, 2013.

1. WickeeChickee

WickeeChickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Madisonville, LA
    One of my 2.5 week old BO keeps "bathing" in the shavings and the others come and pick pieces of shavings off her. I've checked her for bugs, etc [​IMG]
    but she looks fine. After a bit she'll get up and act normal so I guess nothing's wrong, right? [​IMG] Tried to post a video but I'm not sure if it's going to work, grrr..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. chick lovers

chick lovers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    With my chickens.
    I am pretty sure that that is normal once they get bigger and go outside they will do the same in dirt and mulch so i am pretty sure the chick is fine but just in case keep a close eye on her.

P.S. If you have flowerbeds be ready to buy more flowers thet will dig big holes in it

3. BarredRockGirls

BarredRockGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2013
    Ohio
    if you dont see anything on her or any other chick then its prolly her just taking a dirt bath . or dust bath. maybe she likes it more that the others lol she might feel the need to do it more ? haha im sure shes ok

4. WickeeChickee

WickeeChickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Madisonville, LA
    Ha! Yes, I have a germaphobic chicken! I guess they're watching my constant cleaning around the brooder (since it's in our living room) and it's starting to rub off on them! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

It's normal, they are just learning to dust bathe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by