Is this OK???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by amberu, May 11, 2010.

1. amberu

amberu Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    Hi all!! My 4 babies are 1wk old tomorrow and we have been letting them outside ( in a small area that is fenced and covered)..they go crazy and love it. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't too soon and that it won't hurt them! I'm in Texas so the weather is in the high 80s right now and muggy. They had some sand and are now happily eating bugs and grass..I just wanted to make sure that this isn't to early for them to be doing this!! These are my first babies and would hate to be messing up already!!

Amber

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    As long as they're warm enough and happy, I think it should be fine. It is a little cool yet, so just keep an eye on them and if anyone looks droopy or huddled, bring them in to warm up. You can also pick up some sand or baby chick grit to help them grind the grass bits.

3. amberu

May 11, 2010
    Oh they are running around like crazy..no slowing these babies down..we don't leave them out very long..and they have had sand ( never knew it was such a treat for them!!!!)..Thanks for the reply!

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    I agree. We take ours out a lot (but then again it's like 95 here). Take pics!!

5. amberu

May 11, 2010
    We took video of them playing keep away with a grub..these babies are soo funny..who needs TV when you have chickens!

Amber

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by