1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this poop ok?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hbchicknmama, Apr 6, 2016.

1. hbchicknmama

hbchicknmama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2015
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have 3 polish bantam chicks and I have looked and looked at posts on chicken poop and I haven't seen anything like this. They are all 3 eating and drinking normally, and move actively around the brooder. The poop is strange and they do get poop dried on their fluffy butts. They are on medicated feed and I put electrolytes and probiotics in their water. Can anyone tell me if this is normal poop for a chick that is about a week old? Thank you![​IMG]

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. cathy d

cathy d Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2015
    high desert Califoria
    The poop looks the same as my little chicks and they are on the probiotics and electrolytes also they seem to be doing fine running around acting like wild chickens they're almost 2 weeks old LOL

4. hbchicknmama

Apr 28, 2015
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Thank you!!! [​IMG]

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You are most welcome [​IMG]

CT

6. azygous

azygous Overrun With Chickens

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    That poop is completely normal. But if you haven't already experienced cecal poop, be ready for it. It's the consistency of chocolate pudding and smells like something the devil would design. It, too, is normal, but it may make you curse and lament that facet of brooding chicks. It only gets worse as they get older.

7. hbchicknmama

Apr 28, 2015
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have 2-1 year old hens so I know all about cecal poop. Man is that stinky poop!!! Wow! Lol.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by