Is this possibly one of my EE's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken Rustler, May 3, 2009.

1. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

I bought 2 EE's when I bought my 6 RIR and since they were all together I couldn't tell em apart. Now I have this one and one more that looks like her but not as light. I figure these must be my EE's since they are the only 2 that are different. Do ya think im right ?
    They were sold to me as Aracauna (sp) but I have since learned better and when I told the feed store they just said "and the debate goes on". I told them that there is no debate you should learn what you are selling and missrepreseting (according to what I have learned here at BYC).

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  2. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I don't think she's an easter egger. I don't see any muffs/beard and it looks like her comb is a straight comb. She looks more like a red sexlink to me.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Doesn't look like an EE to me.

4. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    hey ironimagery i promise i am not stalking you even though i keep posting on yer threads, i just keep going to recent posts! anyways on your other thread, (are these roos)the pic you posted with all your chickens? The two kind of in the middle with some black(or dark) feathers on them, those look like your ee's

5. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    When looking for your EEs; check for pea combs, fluffy faces (muff & beard), and green or slate legs. An easter egger doesn't have to have all 3 of these traits, but I would think it should have at least 2 of them.

It's possible the feed store didn't label their chicks right - I bought some gold laced wyandotte chicks from my local fed store and lo and behold - they turned into black sex-links.

6. Chicken Rustler

OK well not to cross 2 of my posts over but my stalker (ZepChick)started it (lol). Here is what happened. We went to one feed store and they had what were labeled as Black sex link and red sex link. So we got 3 of each. Then (same day) we went to another feed store and they had what were labeled RIR we got 6 and they had what they were calling Aracona (sp) we got 2 cause I just had to have some EE's. So now I have 3 that are black with gold on head, I know these are the ones I bought as BSL. I have 3 that I am pretty sure are my RSL. I have 6 including the 2 roos that I am pretty sure are my RIR. And then I have these 2 Blonde, the one I showed a pic of and then the other one is not as light. I have not seen any muffs, tuffs etc. They all have yellow legs except the 3 black ones have slate. Maybe I will just have to wait and see what I get for egg colors. [​IMG]

7. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    hey iron imagery (stalker here).....i meant the two on the roost bars, one you can only see her head sticking up behind the other one. their bodies are brown in color, but their heads and tips of wings have some dark on them.

i will have my daughter post some pictures of our EEs when they were 8 weeks old later today (i am computer challenged). also, sometimes EEs are "clean-faced" which means they don't grow very big muffs or beards. they should still give you that pretty colored egg though. i didn't mean to mess up your post here [​IMG] sorry

8. Chicken Rustler

ZepChick No problem don't sweat it I was just teasing wiff ya. I really appreciate all of the help.
    BTW I noticed yer location, do ya dune?
    Rob

9. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I got one that looks sorta like that from the RIR bin at TSC.
    She's the biggest and fastest feathering of all my chicks, and friendly too, loves bugs. I love her!

I figured I could find out more about her breed as she grew up and got feathered in.

(Her name's Queenie, she's on my BYC page.)

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  10. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Hey ironimagery! I'm ZepChick's daughter and I have some pics of a few of our EEs at 4 months of age.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry that there are so many pics, but I wanted to show you how much EEs can vary. They can be clean-faced, they can be red, yellow, orange, brown, etc. EEs can basically be any color of the rainbow... although I haven't seen green yet...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by